Friday, May 6, 2011

Imovie 11 or Final Cut

Hey Everyone,

As we are short on time, I've had to continue editing my video at home on iMovie 11 instead of Final Cut. So far I don't see much of any difference. Everything I wanted to do on Final Cut iMovie 11 has! The only catch is that it is a bit tricky to figure out. Alas, this is what youtube is for. I learned from watching several videos that: Yes! you can layer video and photos, Yes! you can edit sound with effects, and Yes! you can apply features like rotations and crops! Check out these links on layering and cutaways 1 & 2 and this article on quick tips for imovie 11.

Quickly, let me tell you about some really important tips so you are not searching forever on how to access things.
Tip#1: CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO ADVANCED! This will save hours of puzzling problems.



Tip # 2 : The Precision Editor is your friend! Don't be afraid to use that. It is really good to extend transitions and adjust where it changes between the clips. Apple + / brings up the precision editor.

Hope this helps!
~K

No comments: