Monday, May 9, 2011

Shazzam!

Hey Everyone,

Recently we were joined by Shazzam to create propaganda posters about school and the future. The major components we had to include were our own photographs, our own design and our own quote that sends a message. Below is my final poster.
I chose to focus on the creativity within a school. Many people see the outside of a school and assume things that may or may not be true. Often, it is assumed that teenagers are troublesome and do not reach their full potential. I think this poster contrasts that notion. Breaking the mold of being a teenager and going to school will unleash a wealth of creativity. It is my personal belief that without creativity a person cannot grow or change.

I purposely made the poster very simple and clean to create a greater impact. I really wanted to full force of the quote to be taken in and understood without too much visual competition. The image on the poster is very simple as well. It is a school breaking apart, allowing the creativity to burst free from its confines. It demonstrates how much potential lies within places people may not think to look.

I hope you liked this and feel free to comment.

~K

No comments: